Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Barcelona Cont...


                     



                  
                  Barcelona, Spain



The six photos for my first photo journalism assignment.  Above, an egg stand.  You can't touch most of the products in the market unless you buy.  No Tocar.  
   







Strawberries are one of my favorites along with tons of other fruit. There was so much to pick from.


I am so behind on blog post.  I have been writing here and there, some on notebooks from class, random pieces of paper, and a few post in my journal.  The task of catching up begins, Barcelona, Rome and Pairs.

I am not sure how people actually backpack across Europe for a year or even years.  It wears you out.  I think the combo of school and trying to backpack on the weekends was very tough on my health.  Only one trip to the doctor, one case of stomach flu, one case of a cold virus, and now I am feeling much better.  Being sick in Florence, Rome or Barcelona just doesn't seem as bad so I can't complain :)

Anyways more sights from Barcelona:

Gaudi's architecture all over the city was amazing.  He had a beautiful eye for the designs of things.  One of the many houses he has designed was called La Pedrera.  The house is meant to replicate the movement of waves and splashes. 

We took a nice afternoon break on the Placa d'Espanya steps with a glass of sangria.  This was marked the gateway to the great park of Montjuic, which was made for the 1992 Olympic Games.

Switching from Italian to Spanish was a bit difficult and then switching back to Italian was crazy.  There are very similar but not really at all.  I was so fortunate to go and be a part of Spain for the weekend.  And I loved Barcelona.  Some of the many photos from the trip.


Placa d'Espanya
One tiny part of Sagrada Familia
Kayla, Kaitlin and I on the double decker bus, just cruising around Barca!



La Pedrera, see the waves!
Guell Park
Wanted to play some sand volleyball on the beach!
Inside Sagrada Familia
First meal in Barcelona, bacon, potatoes and sausage (and a Spanish beer)!
Sangria Toast to Spain





No comments:

Post a Comment