Friday, March 29, 2013

Paris

Can't believe that I have let my blog slip.  I guess this happens when you start traveling the world and forget about the small things like writing down your wonderful experiences.  Since I have last wrote I have been to Paris, Venice, Amalfi Coast which included Naples, Pompei, Sorrento, Capri and Positano.

Paris! Paris! Paris!  The iconic city.  The Eiffel Tower & Paris dominate the designs of Target to Hobby Lobby picture frames.  Besides being the city of Love I didn't know quite what to expect.   

We started off by walking to the train station in Florence at 3:30 pm, caught a bus to Pisa, plane to Beauvais France, then bus to Paris, and finally a few metro stops to our hostel at 11:45 pm.  By this time I was starving with the lack of good airport food, I was almost ready to pass out.  After a quick search of food (about 40 minutes) we finally found somewhere that would serve us food after 12 am.  Without food I am not Lindsy.  I get angry easily.  I can become as dangerous as a wild animal.

That burger and French fries saved me and it wasn't pasta! After pasta everyday, twice a day a burger was real nice :)

After a great nights sleep we had our hostel breakfast; bread, cereal and coffee out of a bowl.  We then set out for Versallies, which the underlined part is silent.  So you would pronounce it Ver-sigh.  I have never even came close to learning french and my phonics is not anywhere close to up to code.  Versallies is where the King and Queen of France once lived; the Famous Marie Antoinette even lived there and had her own side cottage and gardens.

My favorite thing about Ver-SIGH was the interior of the buildings and palaces.  The French had amazing patterns. Pastels, swirls, flowers, lilies, blues, pinks, gorgeous canopy beds, wonderful flowing curtains, doorways made of gold, every ceiling painted, and a room of mirrors. 

Waiting for the train back into Paris I met some ladies from North Dakota.  So nice to meet someone that is from the mid-west.  From the train we took a few metro stops to the Eiffel tower.  This is where I started jumping up and down with Kaitlyn.  We strung for a couple of extra euros and took the elevator to the top :)  Chelsea decided to stay on the second landing from fear of heights, so Kaitlyn and I shared a glass of Champagne on the top of the Eiffel tower while the sun was setting over Paris.  Cheers to P13 (Pairs 2013)!

More to come on Pairs... I can't even write because I am so excited for the arrival of my MOM & SISTER! 

Hope everyone is doing well back in the states! I am very blessed to be here traveling Europe.  Thank you all for your thoughts and payers.


No comments:

Post a Comment