Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Fitting In - Adjusting - Rushing

Today I had the wonderful privilege to face-time (video chat) with Mrs. Gumb's 5th and 6th grade class.  What a group of talented and smart kids they are.  I know all of them from spending time in the classroom over my winter break.  They taught me the very important game of 6 square.  You can learn a lot from kids.  Mrs. Gumb's class is studying the Renaissance and Middle Ages, how perfect for me.   So, they grilled me on Italy and it's history.  I think I only missed one question.  I hope they all have the chance to travel the world and learn like I did. 

Days have been rushing by it seems.  My dad will arrive in four days time and I am pretty excited about it.  I have booked out the whole week for us thanks to the newly acquired internet at via santa maria.  For our big excursion we will be going to Rome for 2 days and 1 night.  I have emailed all of the supplies that I would love to have, for example floss! Everything like that here is so expensive, floss costs $10! I also gave him a few tips on traveling and packing (I'm so nervous for him)!

Besides the excitement of my dad coming its been a blur/rush from Monday all the way to Wednesday night.  Homework, painting, photography and cooking and eating...doesn't sound too bad right.

Have much to tell you...but its already late and I am wiped. 

Love to everyone back in the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment