Saturday, February 9, 2013

programma completo - full schedule

I have to get in the habit of writing a post everyday...sorry its been days again.  I can tell this semester is going to go way to fast.  I am already done with my 2nd week of classes.  I have learned so much from all of my classes in just these two first weeks.

Fashion Class (interesting facts)
  • Definition of clothing:  Clothing is something you wear until it falls apart, where as Fashion is something you wear until the next things become popular.
  • The name given to sweaters came from clothing made for athletes, because the users became sweaty from wearing the clothing.
  • Top four fashion capitals in the world: London, Milan, New York and Paris. (After this semester I will have been to every city)
  • Trench Coat - Came from Great Britain in World War I when they asked Burberry to design a coat for the army in the trenches.

America and Italy are heavily intertwined in fashion, it would be hard to survive without the other.  My teacher said that Italians would never admit it but America saved them from becoming obsolete in the fashion world.  My photography teachers grandfather invited his American friends to come to a fashion show in Florance. This brought the American market to Florence. 

Travel

I have also spent much of the week planning for the rest of the semester :) I have my dad coming this Sunday!!!! I have a great week planned for us.  We will be going to Rome for 2 days and one night along with many of the sights and museums of Florence.  After my Dad leaves I am going to Barcelona Spain for a weekend trip with my two friends Kayla (from Colorado & close to the Midwestern feel with a little hipster) and Kaitlin (from South Carolina - she is a USC Game Cock & a sweet southern girl). 

The next weekend we are going to Rome for a school field trip, 4 days and 3 nights. Then we are off to Paris for 3 days and 2 nights with Kaitlin and Chelsea.  Later in the semester we have another school field trip to Venice. Along with my Mom & Sister coming during spring break.  Along with other family members and friends coming :) Can't wait!

The amazing thing about Europe is that you can travel/fly all across to different countries for just a few pretty pennies.  In the states it cost a arm and leg to fly from state to state.  Here you can fly from county to country for under 100 Euros.  I never would have thought I would be saying that I'm just going to Paris for the weekend or hey I going to Spain, so crazy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment