Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Learning Slowly

My alarm went off again, what a relief.  After a well rested sleep, it was pretty easy for me to get up at 7:40 in the morning.  I went straight to the window to see if it was raining...and it wasn't! Whoop! Whoop!  The walk to school was much better with no cars almost running me over.  My professors lives about 20 mins outside of the city walls and his name is Claudio.  He rides his bike into the city.  He says that it is very expensive to own a car in Italy.  You also need a special permit to drive in the city of Siena.  "In Italy...You Pay"  Claudio explaining that anything you want to do you have to pay for it.

Claudio even spoke less English in class today.  Maybe a total of 5 words.  They have said that is best to learn by only speaking that language...HA!  This is impossible it seems as I know none of the language.  But I am not going to let it bother me.  I will learn, maybe just at slower pace than the rest.  I just sit and listen to him speak, try to read the book and then end up looking out the window.  This is when Claudio comes over and starts helping.  He gave us an assignment to read a whole paragraph in Italian and to circle the correct beginnings to words.  He could tell by the look on my face that I needed help.  And with his help I read aloud the whole paragraph and if I say so myself not to shabby.

It almost feels like a dream.  It is so unreal that I am here in Italy. 

 Lunch was amazing.  I was so excited that I forgot to take the picture before I started eating my first piece of lasagna in Italy It was perfect :) I even had two glasses of the house vino.  Wonderful lunch with a few of my friends.  



I usually take the picture before I start eating... 








After I got back from lunch this is what I found looking out my hotel room window...

  

I enjoyed a relaxing afternoon of blogging, facebooking and trying to work on homework.  But here is the exciting part.  My first wine tasting was tonight.  I will explain tomorrow...tired and slow internet. :) GoodNight!

No comments:

Post a Comment