Friday, January 18, 2013

Long Week

FRIDAY!!!! It really has been a long week.  I feel like I have been in Siena for a month.  I have only been gone from the states for 10 days. 

Class today was not as much fun as I had hoped for.  I got pretty bummed out after I got my quiz back.  I had messed up an entire section.  I still did pass, but its just so difficult.  The whole week had caught up with me.  Learning another language can be very difficult, esp. if your not good at memorizing things.  Claudio did speak the most English he has ever spoken today but not while teaching.  We had a great discussion on the difference of culture from U.S to Italy and throughout Europe. 

Claudio is very concerned about all the children that drink Coke.  All the sugar that the U.S intakes and the diabetes is on the rise.  There really is so much less sugar in their diet here along with them using olive oil instead of butter. Claudio said this is their gold.   The climate is just right for growing olives.

Claudio also talked about the difference of pace.  His and most Italians view is that you only have 24 hours in a day, so you need to relax and just do what you can.  That is not how it is in the states....GO GO GO and make sure to get tomorrows work done today too.  Which I think I am hardwired to GO GO GO! My parents are the craziest (in a very good way) and most hardworking people. 

Also, he talked about how dinner is something special to be shared.  This is where we had something in common.  I think that my family is so close because we did gather around the dinner table and enjoy each others company.  I can still remember the seating chart and you could never change it or there would be disaster.  Such a special time from my life :)


No comments:

Post a Comment